Not Many People Ask Me If I Am Okay. Becoming part of the royalty has been 'struggle', Meghan says


Meghan Markle married Prince Harry at Windsor Castle in May 2018 and gave birth to their son Archie this year.

Speaking in an ITV documentary, the duchess referred to her life under the spotlight "on top of just trying to be a new mom or trying to be a newlywed".
She added: "Not many people have asked if I'm OK. But it's a very real thing to be going through behind the scenes."
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were both interviewed by Tom Bradby during their tour of southern Africa in September.
Asked how she was coping, Meghan said: "Look, any woman - especially when they are pregnant - you're really vulnerable and so that was made really challenging, and then when you have a new born - you know?
"And especially as a woman, it's a lot..."
The duchess added: "And also, thank you for asking, because not many people have asked if I'm OK..."
When asked if it would be fair to say it had "really been a struggle", Meghan said: "Yes."
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and their baby son Archie Mountbatten-Windsor at a meeting with Archbishop Desmond Tutu in South Africa on 25 September 2019Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
Image captionThe duke and duchess visited southern Africa last month with their son Archie
The documentary Harry & Meghan: An African Journey airs on ITV on Sunday at 21:00 BST.
Prince Harry described the memories surrounding the death of his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, in 1997 as "a wound that festers".
On the tour, the prince visited an anti-landmine project championed by his mother in Angola and told ITV it had been "emotional" to trace her footsteps.
"I think being part of this family, in this role, in this job, every single time I see a camera, every single time I hear a click, every single time I see a flash, it takes me straight back, so in that respect it's the worst reminder of her life, as opposed to the best."
Prince Harry see the work of landmine clearance charity the Halo Trust in Angola on 27 September 2019Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
Image captionPrince Harry visited a landmine project championed by his late mother during the trip
As the tour ended, the duke and duchess both brought legal actions against the press.
Meghan sued the Mail on Sunday over a claim that it unlawfully published one of her private letters.
Harry filed his own proceedings at the High Court against the owners of the Sun, the defunct News of the World, and the Daily Mirror, in relation to alleged phone-hacking.

No comments:

Post a comment